Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Computer Swallowed Grandma

This was sent to me by my sister. I normally try and post my own original content. But couldn't resist this. I tried looking for the original author so I could acknowledge him or her. But all 985,000 results - well at least the first two pages said the author was unknown. If anyone knows do let me know.

And now the poem





The computer swallowed grandma.
Yes, honestly its  true!
She pressed 'control' and 'enter'
And disappeared from view.
 


It  devoured her completely,
The thought just makes me squirm.
She must have  caught a virus
Or been eaten by a worm.

I've  searched through the  recycle bin
And  files of every kind;
I've even used the  Internet,
But nothing did I find.
In desperation, I asked Google
My  searches to refine.
The reply from him was negative,
Not a thing was  found 'online.'  
 

So, if inside your 'Inbox,'
My  Grandma you should see,
Please 'Copy,''Scan' and 'Paste' her
And send  her back to me.





.

1 comment:

  1. Since writing the post I've discovered the author is Valerie Waite.
    http://richards-creations.net/Pages/10/Computer-Swallowed-Grandma.html
    Written by: Valarie Waite, Derbyshire, England.
    Published in the Daily Mail on July 2, 2004

    ReplyDelete